Electrical Safety – what’s EICR and PAT testing?

Property owners have a duty of care to paying guests and must ensure that the electrical installation and appliances provided within the property are in a reasonable state of repair and in proper working order.

Whilst there is no definitive guide to what is required and the frequency of any inspections, The Electrical Safety Council suggest that the best way for Property Owners to comply with this is by having a registered electrician carry out an inspection and test of the electrical installation, known as an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) and also Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) at suitable intervals.

Please call The Festival Partnership for further guidance on ‘Health and Safety’ considerations for short term lets and in particular festival and summer lets for self catering accommodation.

Posted in: Landlord with property to let

Want some advice?

Property Owners - are you thinking of letting out your flat for the summer and festival months and would like to find out more about it.  We are a well established, friendly and efficient company who can maximise the opportunity for you. Please just email Jason with your enquiry.

Festival Visitors and Performers? If you are looking for festival accommodation over the Edinburgh Festival and Fringe, please feel free to Email Us with any questions.

The Festival Partnership Ltd. 42, Victoria Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2JW. Company Number: SC298092